Happy New Year!
Here’s the new-and-improved plan for 2012.
1. There will be DAILY posts, here at No. Calories Needed.
2. I will lose 50+ pounds.
3. I will eat consciously – enjoying foods that I like – and foods that are, you know, real foods.
This year’s motto – no gimmicks, no excuses.
Getting in better shape is goal # 1. To that end –
1. I will (continue to) walk 20 to 60 minutes per day.
2. I will get back into my running routine. I missed running this past year (and, really, stopped most of my health-related blogging, because of a terrible combination of lower-back pain – and kidney stones. I will not bore you, but most of my lack of enthusiasm for the whole “weight loss” thing came as a result of those kidney stones. It took some time to figure out what was causing them, and I am prayerfully-optimistic that they are gone, for good.)
3. I will workout – 3 to 5 times weekly – with a focus on strength and flexibility.
I am not exactly sure how I will document my weight loss. I can’t decide if I’ll start with the numbers from January 2011 (a very hit-or-miss year, both blogging and weight loss wise) or if I’ll just start from January 1, 2012. Let me think, for just a second… Yes, I will start with numbers from January 1, 2012 – and pretend that last year (blogging and weight loss wise, mind you) never happened. Here’s to a brand new day!
First weigh in report will be next Monday. Gulp.
No. Calories Needed is an independently-operated, single-author, personal fitness blog. Rock on.