I have (at least) five reasons for losing weight that have nothing to do with “looking good”.
1. I have Sleep Apnea. I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea three years ago. (Side note: If you wake up “tired” or you snore, you may have Sleep Apnea, a potentially DEADLY condition. Get tested!) Hopefully, as I lose weight, my symptoms will dissipate.
2. I have “lower-back pain”. While this may or may not have something to do with the fact that I am overweight, I am sure that losing a few pounds will less the strain on my back.
3. I take Lunesta, a sleep aid. I have had trouble going to sleep for the past ten years. I’ve been taking Lunesta for the last year or so. Before I began to lose weight, I was taking it every night. Now, I take Lunesta once or twice a week. Proper exercise helps me to go to sleep without using Lunesta.
4. I want to be able to “run and play with the kids”. Seriously, before I began this site, I was lethargic and lazy. Now, I have more energy.
5. I hate spending money on “junk food”. As you can tell from my main blog, No Credit Needed, I believe in living a “frugal” life. Buying junk does NOT equal being frugal.