As part of my Weekly Workout Plan, Mondays are for working out my legs.
Hereâ€™s todayâ€™s workout –
- 5 Minutes Walking Warm Up On Indoor Track
- 11 Minutes On Elliptical (I really focused on getting my heart rate above 150.)
- 3 Sets Of 10 Seated Leg Extensions
- 3 Sets Of 10 Seated Leg Presses – I can now press the entire stack, 425 pounds, 10 times!
- 2 Sets Of 10 Seated Leg Curls – My hamstrings hate this exercise.
- 22 Minutes On Elliptical (I did a brand new routine – labeled aerobic on the elliptical – which focused more on the arms, and also had me going in reverse for a brief period.Â I’m not sure I’ll do this version of cardio again.Â I didn’t feel the same intensity that I do when I do the intervals.)
- 5 Minutes Cool Down On Indoor Track
When working my legs, I like breaking the cardio into two segments.Â The cardio works my legs, so I’m working them for well over an hour.Â When I’m finished, I feel great – exhausted, yes – but great.Â As a side note, I’m going to have to look for a replacement for the leg presses.Â I really need to do some squats, but I worry about injuring my back or neck.