According to my Weekly Workout Plan, Mondays are for working out my legs. Usually, I do all of my cardio first, and then I do my workout routing. Today, I decided to mix things up a bit, and really push myself. Here’s today’s workout –
- 5 Minutes Walking Warm Up On Indoor Track
- 11 Minutes On Treadmill (Very Intense To Get Blood Pumping!)
- 3 Sets Of 10 Seated Leg Extensions – On the last set, I really, really felt the burn. Intense.
- 3 Sets Of 10 Seated Leg Presses – 350 pounds is a lot of weight.
- 2 Sets Of 10 Seated Leg Curls – I still have to be careful with my hamstrings.
- 22 Minutes On Treadmill (Alternating 2 minutes walking with 1 minute running)
- 5 Minutes Cool Down On Indoor Track
I really busted it on the leg extensions. I don’t think I’ve ever worked my muscles so hard. I liked breaking my cardio into two segments. I was in the gym for a little over an hour – and my heart rate was elevated the entire time.
The gym was very, very crowded tonight. I prefer to work out during the day, when there are fewer people around, but it feels good to feel like I “belong” – and I’ve stopped worrying about what others think. Imagine, for years I have promised myself that I would work out faithfully, only to go two or three times and then quit. Now, I’m working out a MINIMUM of five times a week – and my only regret is that I don’t have MORE time for the gym. Crazy.